Sunday, June 27, 2010

Off to Camp

On Wednesday, I will be heading to camp in Northeast Pennsylvania. Needless to say, this camp is not nature or birding oriented, so my birding time will be limited to the afternoons. Although my birding expectations are low (what birds are active on sweltering summer afternoons besides Red-eyed Vireo?!) I'm hoping for the best. Looking on Google Maps, the camp's property has some nice woodlots along a large lake. As is the case with most woodlots, I am pretty sure Red-eyes, Wood-pewees, and Wood Thrush will be not be hard to find here. Also, in the vicinity of the camp there appears to be some early successional habitats that could host Bobolink, Indigo Bunting, Eastern Meadowlark, assorted sparrows, and maybe even Blue-winged Warbler. Who knows? Maybe some wayward vagrant will turn up in Wayne County! I will be also looking for butterflies and dragonflies, who seem to deal much better with summer heat. I hope to post my sightings when I return. Until then, happy summer birding!

No comments:

Post a Comment