When my family moved into our new house a few months ago, I took note of our awesome new backyard, surrounded by several large trees. I had never realized, however, its potential as a mini migrant "trap" of sorts. After all, it is not all that big, and it is just a suburban backyard. During this past weekend's fallout, I finally realized that it might just be one of the greatest backyards for birding in my neighborhood, at least during migration. Over the weekend and on Monday, I had in my yard:
Yellow-rumped Warbler (invaded entire neighborhood)
Black-and-white Warbler
Black-throated Blue Warbler (surprisingly, this handsome guy came down to eye level!) Life bird!
Black-throated Green Warbler (heard only)
American Redstart (Life bird!)
Ovenbird (surprisingly unshy!) (Life bird!)
probable Northern Parula (heard only)
probable Blackpoll Warbler (heard only)
Prairie Warbler (heard only)
And this is only the beginning...
Good birding!
No comments:
Post a Comment