Friday, May 21, 2010

More spring visitors

Over the past couple weeks, my yard has been a warbler haven! (at least compared to other yards around here). At least 3 Black-throat Blues have shown up this May, as well as four or five Black-throat Greens. Last week, I would hear a Northern Parula almost every day before I went to school. Today, I finally got great looks at a singing Blackpoll Warbler, which has visited before, but never allowed looks. I also had awesome, close-up looks at a dazzling singing male Maggie, a second record for my yard. Additionally, I got a half-second glimpse of a silent, yellowish, skulking blur that I think may be a Wilson's, Nashville or female Hooded. Recently, I have also had Wood Thrush and Red-eyed Vireo singing around the yard. It will be hard to say goodbye to migration! Let's hope there's some more latecomers on their way...

Good birding!

No comments:

Post a Comment